It’s very easy to get a site penalized today. Google is becoming really particular about how they rank sites. We have been fortunate enough to never have a client’s site penalized. On the other hand, we only recommend white hat strategies. Nevertheless, we do get customers that want to cut a few corners. When these conversations occur I always tell them the importance of what they’re doing. Some customers completely understand, then others are almost totally in disagreement about social promotion. I try to insist they should never risk cutting a few corners on their main site. The best way to avoid any problems is to use a legitimate Pennsylvania seo company.
Methods You Should Not Use On Your Main Site:
1. Link Buying: Link buying is probably one of the greatest issues Google has. Google does not like websites that buy links pure and simple. They will hit you hard for buying links. Link buying at one time was the best strategy to use. Nowadays you just can’t do it and get away with it like you use to.
2. Reciprocal Linking: Reciprocal linking is pure junk if you ask me. I am really against reciprocal linking as most of them do not carry any kind of value. I use to be a big fan of reciprocal linking a while back. Reciprocal linking, generally speaking, is not effective at all. The reason being is because most of the links come from low quality websites. Generally it’s a bunch of international people creating hyperlink spam pages.
3. Comment Spam: We had a partner, who had an affiliate, who was promoting comment spam. He was ranking well for some great keywords for awhile. The guy put a lot effort into his site. I was thinking it’s just a matter of time before it falls out. I even told the partner company that. He ended up getting dependent on the earnings from this site. Well shortly after, he got booted from the search engines (including Google). A legitimate Pennsylvania seo company will always avoid comment spam. Comment spam can get your site penalized quickly.
4. Selling Hyperlinks: Google will even punish your site for promoting links. Selling links is against Google’s policy as well. Generally whenever you sell links, these people devalue your page rank. Therefore when you get your page rank devalued, you shed your trust. This may slow your traffic down quite a bit.
5. Forum Spam: Forum spam is another technique that will get you hit hard. Some website owners will go out and make user names and passwords for forums. They do this to get a profile; therefore listing their link in the profile.
6. Keyword Stuffing: Keyword stuffing will get you penalized as well. Some webmasters will go through their entire site and fill their pages up with keywords. I find people that do this having no good sense. Your site will rank well if you catch links naturally. Key phrase stuffing does not work as well as what it did 7-10 years ago. Pennsylvania SEO company has figured out the best way to get the best results and still keep the website readable.
7. Doorway Pages: Computer generated pages, I’m sure you know what a entrance page is. Just like keyword stuffing, doorway pages use to work well. Believe it or not, at one time, you could get away with creating doorway pages for a long time. As I mentioned though, search engines are becoming more sophisticated. They are learning to identify these types of promotion strategies right away. Doorway pages may also be pages that are simply low quality affiliate sites. They are built to redirect traffic right into a merchant site.
8. Deceptive Sites: Google will even penalize you when they think your website is deceptive. That’s why you always want to make sure you are advertising in an ethical way. Google is quick to de-index you if they believe you’re a fraud.
9. Content Duplication: Duplicating content generally will not get you penalized. It depends, though, on how much content is copied on your website. If your website is packed with nothing, but duplicated content. Then yes, Google will smack you hard. However, if you just have a few pages that are duplicated, they will just de-index them or they won’t rank. Pennsylvania SEO understands how to make multiple sites with similar content in order to win you major keywords without getting penalized.
If you’re likely to engage in any of the practices listed. Don’t do it on your actual website. I’m not encouraging you to use the listed strategies. However, your main website should be treated well. If you want to perform some black hat techniques then go for it. Just make sure you’re using them on websites that you can throw out, because Google will punish them sooner or later.